The Birth of Èrainn
Sentient bipedal people resembling bagders
Bar is the name used by Tribes of the Blood for the strange people resembling bipedal, sentient badgers. There are at least two (and likely more) Bar affiliations:
- The Anbar wear light-green robes adorned with crimson thread. The Anbar seem to be fortifying and modifying the Baekieri tower on the Sauk River.
- The Bar Nessa, have fully occupied and fortified the Minan tower on an island in the mouth of River Gé. The Bar Nessa were also found beneath the castle of Kalarak, located on Érainn, in the River Gé. The Bar Nessa wear orange uniforms with silver-white embroidery.
The Bar appear to have a strict caste society that is very ordered. Castes/ranks observed to date include:
- Workers/Laborers – No obvious symbol depicting rank/status, though they are the physically smallest of the Bar.
- Military/Soldiers – Physically larger than the workers, they are not particularly intelligent. They show no signs of fear in the face of overwhelming odds. Their rank is denoted with a number of slashes embroidered in a vertical orientation along one sleeve of their uniform. Ranks observed range between 1 and 3 slashes.
- Commanders/Officers – Physically larger than the soldiers, they are intelligent, strategic, and disciplined. They show no signs of fear in the face of overwhelming odds. Their rank is denoted with a series of boxes embroidered in a vertical orientation along one sleeve of their uniform. They also carry amulets in the shape of an hourglass that provide some magical abilities. Ranks observed to date include: 2 boxes. This individual appeared to be in direct control of several hundred Bar workers and soldiers, reporting to an Illithid.
- Mutations/aberrations – physically the largest of the Bar observed to date, they are similar in size to an ogre. There is evidence to support that they are created through fell magics, as several observed had extra sets of arms (some withered and useless), extras heads, horrible deformations, and other defects. Their intellect is undetermined, but one encountered was savage, with little indication of intelligence.