Letter from Nunez to Diarmait

5 November, 1394
Sir,
I write in haste from Cornwall. Our return to Wexford was delayed by a truly terrific storm that was beyond even my mastery. We are safe and moving on the tide to Bristol to take on supplies.
I fear, sir, that if you ever intend to set foot in your colony, you must move before the next harvest. Developments around the colony are starting to take a more negative turn. The colony is viable, but you must understand that your sister paints a more palatable picture for you than reality will support.
I urge you to consider the offer made by the Vatican. I do not know where they will find an Abbot who is ready for it, but I feel that any help we can muster will more than repay us in Èrainn. While I am in Bristol, I will make further inquiries to our friends in the guild.
We must also consider gathering a larger contingent of fighters. The island at the mouth of the Gé is now a present danger. My suggestion is to send a large party to assault the tower before we attempt a passage. On our way home, we received several powerful missiles from the tower battlements. The missiles took the form of large metal spheres. The men who threw them overboard sickened and died on the journey back across the Atlantic.
I will be with you within a fortnight. You must make final preparation with all possible speed. I will not risk another winter passage next year. We will finalize the plan when I see you in Dublin.
Estevam

Letter from Nunez to Diarmait

The Birth of Èrainn woollyrhino woollyrhino